Saturday, September 19, 2026

IW - Saturday

I went to the lake from 2:30 - 3:30 pm today. It was sunny and dry, but also cool enough to require a sweatshirt. I walked my mile (with Men at Work's "Business as Usual" in my earbuds), noting all the early signs of autumn, and then I Windexed the inside of my car windshield. I was also prepared to scrub the dried fish guts and pine pitch from the soles of my flip flops, but I'd left them bottoms-up outside for the week, and the rain took care of it for me! A nice interval in an otherwise quiet day (I later napped from 5:00 - 7:00 pm, since I only got five hours of sleep last night). 

I also ate the rest of yesterday's pork chops: one in a half-sandwich before the lake trip; two chopped up into the mac and cheese I had for supper; and one around 9:00 pm just because I wanted it (haha). So yes, they lasted four meals as planned, I just hadn't imagined it would be over the short span of two days!







No comments:

Post a Comment